Don’t just approach the hill, climb that f**ker and bail off the other side. Click on the graphic for the Spotify list. Go!
- Thunderkiss ’65 (White Zombie)
- Boogieman (Rob Zombie)
- More Human Than Human (White Zombie)
- Supercharger Heaven (Rob Zombie)
- The One (Danzig)
- Mother (Danzig)
- Iron Man (Black Sabbath)
- Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne)
- The Hand That Feeds (Nine Inch Nails)
- Ace of Spades (Motorhead)
I have mentioned before how much I love a good playlist. When I’m writing, sometimes my moods don’t match the type of emotion or imagery that I am trying to evoke and so I have learned to depend on music to help me “feel it”. I came across this Lynchian playlist on Google Play Music and it does everything you would expect.
A haunting energy provides visions of pavement ribbons lacing their way through fog enveloped forests. The creep factor is upped by the sweet feminine voices, barely audible at times, lilting over romanticized melodies.
It’s all SO Twin Peaks. (sigh)
Here’s the Lynchian Playlist. Enjoy. Watch out for the owls.
OR, if you don’t have Google Music
- Elephants (Warpaint)
- Suddenly (Anna Calvi)
- Feral Love (Chelsea Wolfe)
- Song to the Siren (This Mortal Coil)
- Cherry-Coloured Funk (The Cocteau Twins)
- Disco (Warpaint)
- Biggy (Warpaint)
- Amongster (Polica)
- Stars (Warpaint)
- Iron Moon (Chelsea Wolfe)