I want to tell you that you are going to make it through the rough times. Bad shit happens. There’s no way around it, might as well call a spade a spade. I’m not sure who started the rumor that life is perfect every single second, but it ain’t. It’s not a Facebook or Insta photoshopped layout, it’s up and down and around and getting your head wrung out. Remember that you are not alone in it. Somewhere, someone is going through bad times, too. We all do. And somewhere, someone cares that you are suffering. There is still good out there! Good, great, beautiful also happens. Every. Single. Day. Everybody has scars. Scars heal and fade away, but remain visible as a reminder that you are strong enough to make it through to see the good times again.
Now before you go and insert some kind of subtext into that, let me explain. As a writer, my whole goal is to reach inside your mind, your heart, your soul…and touch you.
I want to make you love and hate. I want you to be afraid and escape with your life. Nothing makes me happier than for your heart to race, wondering what’s coming next, and then take you to places you might not go on your own.
Trust me! I don’t want to hurt you…I only want to make you afraid that I will break your heart into little bitty bits and walk away, leaving you breathless and alone. But, I wouldn’t do that. Would I?
What they don’t tell you about Valentine’s Day
- It’s not all hearts and roses-it marks the execution of Valentine; a priest who performed marriages against the Roman Emperor’s order during times of war.
- It started as a Roman holiday where the men would hit women with bloody strips of animal hide made from sacrificial animals to bring about fertility and play “love games” in front of the crowd.
- Chocolate was prescribed to ease certain “pinings” for love by doctors in the 1800s; it is now a billion dollar holiday for the chocolate industry, which also has a dark history including child slavery.
- Most people view Cupid as a matchmaker, but he is the son of Venus, goddess of love, and Mars, god of war. Could explain some things? Just sayin.
- You don’t need a holiday to tell people you love them.
If you’re into dark romance or romantic thrillers, check out my book on Amazon.