Here’s a list of the apps and programs I’ve been using lately to help me write and market my writing. Some of these have been awesome time savers and I just thought I’d pass them along to those interested.
- Scrivener. I love this software. I still use Word primarily for writing, but this program has helped me to organize my thoughts, pre-writing, first drafts, plot outlines, and character and scene details in one place.
- Pinterest. Pinterest gets the ideas flowing and allows me to get visual cues for the world and characters I’m trying to create.
- Canva. This has been the easiest to use stock photography and graphic program I’ve tried. Love the photo editor.
- Coffitivity. This site lets you listen to different coffee shop backgrounds if you are more productive with a static noise rather than music.
- Book Report. This is an add-on for Chrome that lets me see exactly how much money I’ve made from Amazon.
- Kindlepreneur. Great website with a ton of information about Amazon, keywords, ad strategies, and more.
- Upwork. This site lets you find independent editors, ghost writers, proofreaders, book cover designers, and more. Maybe even offer services to make an extra buck or two.